Re: [VACList] ratchet driven jockey wheel for caravans and trailers

I have to agree strongly with Gerald on this important point, not that
anyone suggested manhandling their trailer around on the "rough." Years
ago, I used devices like these in a service station business and found
they are great on a flat <paved> surface, but could be serious trouble
on even a moderate (i.e. barely perceptible) slope.  Most folks have
experience pushing empty boat or utility trailers around by hand, and it
works, but we're talking 2-4 tons of mass here, which means even slow
movement creates a large amount of inertia. Classic car buffs speak up
here...I think these dollies that they use for their classic cars are
used on smooth flat paved garage and warehouse floors, not driveways.

John