Re: [VACList] 1962 Trade Wind battery

In the early 60's (perhaps late 50's) the trailer's only battery was kept in
that box mounted behind the propane tanks. They were used to run lights,
fans, furnace fan, and water pump. Originally these would not have run the
brake-away switch for the brakes since these were not yet in use! Batteries
that fit in this box are still available though you cannot just go to
Walmart and expect to get them off the shelf. This is the only type battery
I have had in my trailer and has been quite sufficient for my modest 12V
needs while boondocking up to a week in length.

Scott
1960 Overlander