Re: [VACList] Checking Propane tank levels

>Is there any way to check the fill level of a 30lb
>propane tank in place...

There are several.  For example:

(1) Strike the partially full tank with a knuckle, comparing the pitch of the
resulting note with the full tank next to it.  If it's more than a third sharp,
you might want to top it up.

(2) Loosen the hold-down and heft the two tanks, comparing.

(3) There are temperature sensitive strips you can apply down the sides of
the tank that will indicate the level of the fluid inside.

(4) Others that escape me at the moment.  I'm sure other listees will
volunteer some.

However, what temperatures are you expecting where you will be camping?
One full tank should last you through a weekend at any temperature above
20.  Your battery will run out before the propane.

                 -- Lew #4239

'72 Safari
bicycle