Re: [VACList] Amps

You don't need an electrical guru . . . you need a photographer to get the
best answer to your question.  An incident light meter on both the fixtures
will allow you to compare the brightness.  If the draw (amperage) is
published you can simply compare to make a judgement of efficiency.

I would expect that the fluros are putting out more light than 21
candlepower but we won't know until you measure.  A laymans way to measure
would be to use a white card under the fixture and point your 35 mm camera
at it.  See what the aperture is for both light sources.  That will tell you
how bright it is which is another way of measuring candlepower.

A side note:  I just bought some "Mini Twister" flurescent bulbs which fit
into a standard light fixture.  They are only 14 watts but put out the same
light as a 60 watt incandescent light.  The bulb is supposed to last for
6,000 with a light output of 800 lumens (how many candlepower?).  Craziest
thing about the whole deal is that they seem to work well and they were 2
for 99 cents at the local 99cent store.  Go figure.

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
73 Ford Econoline Hi-Top
Mira Mar Mobile Park, Oceanside, CA