Re: [VACList] disassembly of sink drain fittings

Hi Jon,

I didn't have a lot of luck trying to remove the strainer from the sink.
The corrosion is usually extensive and the threaded fastener is near
impossible to remove/reuse.  I just cut off the original and bought a new
strainer set.  Same problem with the tub and shower strainers.  Had to cut
out the ABS, turn the critters over and cut the strainer out.

Of course, I also changed out the faucet set.

I found that many of the threaded fittings are glued in place.

                     Regards, '69 Safari, Joy