RE: [VACList] disassembly of sink drain fittings

> Does anyone know how to separate the bathroom drain
> fittings without cutting any pipe?  Mine leaks between
> the sink basin and the drain (strainer) fitting.

Mine had a flange that screwed on around the strainer
fitting.  Snugged right up against the bottom of the
sink.  Had to contort a bit to get to it through
the rear hatch.  It all came apart after that.  See
if you can't get to the fitting from underneath.

> As an alternative, is it reasonably easy to find parts
> that replace the bits between the sink drain fitting
> and the drain line (P-trap, etc.)?

Not sure what year you have, but for me, all the fittings
and pipes, p-traps, etc for the sink were standard
household plumbing parts.  Replacements were available
from the local Home Depot or Lowes.

The shower p-trap, however, was a unique-to-trailers
part that was a little more difficult to find.  The
strainer on the tub was corroded and gave me problems --
I ended up having to cut that guy apart.  But even then,
the strainer was replaced with a Home Depot item.

Jimbo / '76 Sovereign