Re: [VACList] Re: suggestions for removing a floor section?

Each job is different when I replaced the floor in the bath of my 65
yradewind I had to remove eavery thimg ftom the rear bulkhear back as the
whole floor was rotten .I dug out the peaces from the channel than cut the
bolts with a die grinder and an abrasive blade pushed the top parts into the
wall and let the lower half fall out the bottom .
I replaced the floor in 3 peaces first one on eather side and than one in the
middle. I taped them in place with fiberglass tape (the same as bulkheads are
fastened in fiberglass boats I than fiberglassed the intire floor with Epoxy
rewsinand 6oz fiberglass cloth.I first coated the plywood parts both sides
and edges with pinitrating epoxy.
This haw worked out well for me. Ialso made a plywood holding tank divided
for both black and gray weter . but that is another srory.
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)
1992 dodge Gummins Diesel.