Re: [VACList] Removal of silicone caulking

Hi Ken,
That's actually a topic in in the FAQ section (I want to get everyone
familiar with using this section):
http://www.airstream.org/FAQ/FAQ_6.html

Silicone sealant has got to be the nastiest stuff to remove from window
frames and glass.  Donąt use it if at all possible, because someone will
curse your very existence one day, much as I am the guy who used clear
silicone sealant on our '57 Flying Clouds windows in place of the shrunken
window retainer.  Some windows I've had to break the glass to free up the
interior retainer angles.  Properly applied, silicone sealant becomes one
with materials.
--
Best of luck,
RJ