Re: [VACList] Vintage Puller

To Paul, Jim, Gerald and John,
    I am preparing a list of all the replacements and routines that you all
have recommended.  I'm glad that I have time on my side.  This old 73 van
was restored in a garage and by a pro so I am hoping that much of the work
has already been done, but I'm not sure he took care of the camper aspect of
the vehicle.

Yesterday I filled the 6 gallon permanent LP gas tank and discovered leaks
by the guage and the valve handle.  We were able to tighten the valve and
stop that leak but I am not sure about the handle.  The problem is that
there is no way to quickly drain the tank.  Slowly it is draining and
tonight we are cooking a pot roast to use up more gas.  BTW the stove top is
in the back of the van, far from the leak.  I don't like the situation but
nobody has given me a better way to go.  Last we checked the tank was about
half full so it has drained half way in one day.

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park
Oceanside, CA