[VACList] 55 Overlander restoration/refit

Greetings all,
There is a 55 Overlander advertised in the VAC classifieds at the moment that
looks quite interesting. He has a link to a site with a lot of photos along
with an explanation of what was done. The link is
www.marinestove.com/airstream.htm . It is a complete period restoration
although quite a departure from what I believe is considered original. The
workmanship and attention to detail look incredible. I'm wondering what peoples
feelings are toward this type of "restoration" and the overall potential effect
on value. Pretty much everything done seems to make sense,  almost a modern
retro inside a vintage skin. He is asking quite a bit of money however it is
only a fraction of what Ralph Lauren wanted for his creations and in my opinion e
very bit as appealing and quite a bit more practical. At one point on this
list there seemed to be quite a bit of animosity towards the Ralph Lauren
trailers so I guess I'm curious if it was the price, the perception of
"destroying a classic" o! r what ever. I realize it comes down to "to each his
own" but I can't help but wonder how well this type of restoration would be
received across the board of Airstream owners.
I suppose time will tell if it sells and for how much.
Just my ramblings,
Colin Hyde
57 Sovereign of the Road
59 Ambassador International
87 6.2 Diesel Suburban w/banks "sidewinder" turbo