Re: [VACList] 61 Bambiy Trailer side Wireing

Hi Martin and Rachel,
My trailer has the same connection, however my rig didn't have a
factory-installed battery. There were two light blue wires coming inside the
trailer just above floor level in the same corner inside as the outside
connector. For some strange reason, an in-line fuse was connecting both
wires. This made no sense. I got adventurous (and curious), and connected
one to 12 volt power. Both of the original ceiling lights came on, the one
over the gallery and the other in the bathroom. These originally were
powered through the tow vehicle connection and branched off to the 3 or 4
prong connector on the front curbside corner.

As far as the secondary battery for the break-away switch, I see no reason
there should be a separate battery.

Post some pictures of your new-to-you find. Love to see them.

Brad Norgaard
Phoenix
'59 Trade Wind Twin
VAC #2699, TCT