[VACList] Stripping clearcoat

I've been following this thread for awhile, and have been in contact
with the national sales manager for Napier. He tells me that RemovAll
210 is the correct product to use, and is completely non-toxic and
environmentally safe.

This product is made by Napier, and is the same as that once shown on
This Old House to remove several layers of paint.

Napier also privately brands this product, and it is marked by ICI
Paints as Hydrostrip 502, and as a Crown brand (don't know any more
specifics on this one). If you browse on ICI Paints, you can find a
store close to you that sells the stripper. It's available in 1 and 5
gallon sizes.

Seems to be a bit pricey, but, in terms of labor savings alone and the
lessened impact on the environment, should be worth it. Runs in the $40
per gallon range.

I haven't tried it yet (I'm supposed to get a gallon to try out and
report on), but when I do, I'll post more.

Bob Hightower
'76 31' Sov