Re: [VACList] Cracks in refrigerator vent, solicitation for ideas

I've done some work on the inside vent for my frig on the '64 Globetrotter.
It was  badly degraded all around the edges, with some larger cracks
penetrating inward. Since I have been working on new Zolatone for the
interior, I removed it by drilling all 60-some rivets out, and removed it.
I am "in progress" (stalled) for a while, but I have been repairing it, and
strengthening and building up the edges with fiberglass cloth on the
insides, set in Bondo, which can be sanded down, and then painted. To
remount I will just drill new holes and rivet in place
 Once you have the vent off, you would see that it is molded styrene
plastic, with no reinforcing from fiberglass fibers. The Bondo is exactly
that, too, and has suited me well for my purposes in fixing various panels
in the bath area.
Good luck with your project!
 Jere Potter
'64 Globetrotter