[VACList] RE: VACList Digest V3 #16 Napier Stripper

Hi, Buddy,

Not to answer for Jim here, but I want to say that, on his
recommendation, I tried this Napier product also, and I can attest that
it's great stuff, a million times better than that noxious Klean Strip
Aircraft Remover I started with.  It comes in a plastic tub, so it
obviously
doesn't actually melt plastic.  As Jim explained in his post, it just makes
the clearcoat separate from the aluminum and peel off in sheets.  I did
put some masking tape on my marker lights, but I'm not sure it was
necessary.  It doesn't hurt or seem to do anything if you accidentally get
it on your skin, either.

One thing I found is that it seems to work better when the weather is
warm.  I've used it on 3 days so far. When the air was in the 90s, it
worked easy as pie.  Then I was working on it the weekend before last,
when it was in the upper 60s, and it didn't work as easily.  It still
worked, but not as well.

I should add that Jim and I have the same year coach, so I don't know
whether what works on our clearcoat will work on everybody's.  I know I
read on this list that ammonia, for example, works on some years but
not others, etc.  Nevertheless, I'd sure give it a try if I were you.

Amanda
'68 Safari
WBCCI 7280