Re: [VACList] Brake Contoller

Jim
I am not an expert on brake controllers, by any means. I have a Reese Compact
controller in my '88 Chevy 4X4 shortbed that I have used for several years,
and I like it because it helps stop the trailer. Now to compare it. I just
bought a new Suburban 4X4 and installed a Prodigy, after like you researching
info on controllers. To describe the difference between the two would take to
long. But to make it simple the Prodigy is awesome. Could be the difference in
tow vehicle also, but I have swapped the Prodigy over to my '88 truck, and the
difference is incredible. The prodigy works like a champ.
I have heard good stuff on the Jordan also, but I went with the Prodigy mainly
because of the 3/4 inch travel in the Chevy brakes. From what the tech person
told me is with the Jordan I adjust the cable to a set length then factor in
about 3/4 inch play to get a starting point. Sounded like it would take to
long to set up plus I didn't want an extra cable down under the dash where my
wife may accidently kick it. The Suburban is her daily driver.
Hope this helps.
PS: I order mine on the internet from Southwest Wheels in Texas for $117.00