Re: [VACList] 1967 safari

Hi R.J. and all,

Couldn't help responding to your discussion of the interior  material
"oozing goo."  I am not a chemist...however I am a good observations.  That
is to say I think your statement is inaccurate in that  I have only observed
sticky build up on the ceiling of our 1966 Overlander where condensation
tends to form.  The combination of cooking vapor and the vapor created by
gas heat creates a sticky condition which washes off with soap and water.
This same condition does not, for example occur down by the couch nor does
it occur by the beds.  If the paint was emitting compounds I think one would
notice it as a residue on the windows similar to many older model car
interiors.

However I do welcome a discussion on the subject by someone from the field
of chemistry or the like.

I would say the greatest drawback (perhaps the only drawback) to the models
from those years is when you
break on of the windows.

At any rate there are not any more being made so that is in and of itself a
reason to collect one of those lovely old trailers.

Happy trails,

Gerald Shippen