Re: [VACList] Winter usage?

Paul:

Where are you located?
What is the likelihood of long term freezing weather in your area?
And what do you do to protect your outside water pipes and hoses in the
winter?

I have used an "oil radiator" in my '72-27' along with a small 6" fan to
circulate the air to keep the trailer dry in the wet winter months.  Put the
radiator in one end of the trailer and the fan in the other.  Works very
well with the radiator set on low...maintains about 50 degrees in the
trailer.

In a couple weeks the trailer will become Mom's Holiday Office...drapes
pulled, heat turned up and stocked with gifts, wrapping paper, my favorite
CDs and a favorite beverage or two...And I hide the keys from the family.
Very comfy.  You could do much worse for a remote kitchen facility (do I
hear electric fry pan in the bathroom remodelers?).

As for the water lines, what about using heat tape on your exposed hoses?
Possibly a consideration for your gray water drain hose also.  Unless you
are in an extremely cold area, I would think that with heat on in the
trailer and frequent water usage, the pipes in the trailer would be
protected from freezing.

Hope that helps...

Judy
'72-72' Intl Ambassador