[VACList] Re: Pergo in Airstreams

I had Pergo installed in kitchen, dr, and family room plus hall ways in
my home and was concerned about moisture absorbtion of the pressed wood
material.  I took a scrap and and soaked it for three days to see what
would happen.  Very little happened.  It absorbed some water but very
slowly.  In fact after the first day I noted no swelling of the piece and
a slight swelling at end of three days.  I can hardly imagine a trailer
situation where is kind of water emersion would happen.   I think using
it in a trailer would be safe and coupled with sealing with silcone
around edges would be of little risk for moisture damage.  Also consider
that if enough water was available to damage the Pergo it would raised
havoc with whatever floor covering you are using

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC
rlashway@zianet.com