RE: [VACList] Toilet floor replacement....

Jeff,
The flange screws into the tank.  I fabricated a "wrench" to fit the cutouts
on the inner part of the flange.  There should be 4 of the cutouts on the
inner part of the flange.  I simply cut a stiff piece of metal to fit into
the cutouts, attached a couple of vice grips to each end of the metal and
unscrewed the flange.  Be sure to remove the screws going through the floor
first.  An easier fix is to leave the flange in place and seal the holes
from inside the tank.  Not any pressure on the top so it seals easy and can
be reached farily easy down the waste hole.  Another option is to flood the
screw hole with the epoxy through the wood which may or may not reach the
tank top.  The previous owner of my trailer did the same so you aren't
alone.  I had to replace the floor anyway so I was able to repair from the
top.  I'm surprised the screws don't stop most of the water and limit the
leak to a drip.  Good luck!
Pete - just down the road in Ogden, UT