Re: [VACList] axles

Hi Warren,

Are you sure the torsion arm center of axle to center of spindle isn't more
like 5.5 inches?  I thought you were just bragging about 12 inches!  I'll
check my measurements again in the spring to be sure.  The Dexter axle
torque arm is 6 inches and the Southwest Wheel torque arm is  4.5 inches.

The neat thing about Southwest Wheel axles is that they have replaceable
parts - spindle, torque arm, and torque cartridge.

 Then,  a positive 5 to 10 degree torque arm isn't anything to brag about,
especially when your Airstream may not be fully loaded.  Certainly, it rides
a few inches lower that it would with a torque arm at 10 degree down.

                                         Regards, Joy