[VACList] ceiling crack

I recently purchased a '68 Ambassador 28'.  It had a crack on the interior
ceiling on the curb side between the kitchen and bedroom where the support
for the wall met the ceiling.  I've repaired the ceiling, but it recently
cracked again.  It looks like there is some reason the wood support for the
hall opening flexes up into the ceiling.  There is no other evidence of
damage anywhere in the trailer.  The street side of the hall opening has no
problem.  I did replace some of the exterior rivets forward of the curb side
wheels which were missing.  I'm guessing there is some problem between the
inner and outer skin, but don't know where to start looking.  Any ideas?  It
doesn't appear that the interior floor is flexing at all which leaves me
very perplexed.
Thanks in advance
Pete