[VACList] axles

I did some careful measurements on the left rear axle of my 76 31'
Sovereign today. I found that by putting all the left side weight on the
left rear wheel and rocking the trailer I could get the torsion arm to
rotate 23 degrees up. At 23 degrees up it still had not bottomed out.

In a previous post I stated that I had eye balled the torsion arm to be
12" long. In actual fact I measured the arm to be only 6" long. This
makes a big difference in the angle and the spring constant
calculations.

Since my torsion arm normally in inclined at less than 10 degrees up and
since I have at least 13 degrees more before an axle bottoms out, I
don't plan to replace my axles. I do however plan to replace my shocks
and to buy new Bridgestone 700 R15 tires.

Warren Little #9302
76 Sovereign