Re: [VAC] 77 Argosy Minuet 6 Metre (20ft) with aluminum floor

Greetings Jim!

I will check my '78 Minuet 6.0 Metre when I pick it up this evening, but I
believe that it has the traditional plywood floor with a combination of
vinyl tile and carpeting - - carpeting thoughout with the vinyl tile on the
wardrobe floors.

I am getting more curious all of the time about when the Minuet 6.0 Metre
was introduced.  In the factory literature that I have, the 6.0 Metre Minuet
isn't shown in the 1977 brochure.  (A 20' model is shown in the regular line
with the standard 7' 8" floor width.)  In the 1979 brochure, the Minuet is
shown being available as 6.0 Metre (20 foot) as well as a 22 foot (single
axle) and a 24 foot (tandem axle).  Every mention of the Minuet in the
factory literature makes mention of the primary difference being the width
of the floor - - 7.0 feet on the Minuet and 7' 8" on the balance of the
Argosy line.  So far, I am aware of two 22' Minuets with 1978 VINs.  I
haven't located 1978 sales literature for the Minuet, but my Owner's Manual
only lists the 6.0 Metre Minuet.

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (Tow Car
In-Training)