[VAC] Re: new participant and axles

Joy.
I think you have somewhat distorted what I told you. Prices should be associated with a stripped axle or a complete axle, without having to guess which one you are referring to.

We do sell the complete axle as well as a stripped axle for considerably less money than Airstream.

Why?

While our overhead is substantial, it is far less than Airstreams. Hence, the savings are passed on to the consumer.

What seems to be the "bone of contention" here, is that the axles are no longer available on a wholesale basis. If there is a middle man, they must make a profit to stay in business.

If the middle man was put out of business, as some would like to do, the economy of our entire country would fall on it's face. And who would be to blame?? The person that wanted them out of the formula.

Changes within the RV industry, especially with the Airstream products, take time. Wrongs will and are corrected in due course.

I don't think it's appropriate to put down any company that finds itself being sometimes a "middle man." They certainly are very convenient and handy for the vast majority of consumers, even K-Mart and grocery stores fit that bill.

But to a select few, they are the bad guys, because you can't get it wholesale.
Joy, for you, I hope your axle experience with Southwest Wheel turns out very favorable, after you engineer it to completion. Then that will place you in the category of being "an expert," wherein you can provide all the necessary information of what and how to, to everyone and anyone.

I certainly for one, will pick "your" brain on "your 800 number" so that you can teach us how as well.

You might find that to be a task beyond expectations, and simply, not worth it, or very expensive.

But as a word of encouragement, "go for it."

How long before we have a final answer, will be a question, I think, many will ask.

Encouragingly,

Andy
inlandrv.com
airstreamparts.com