[VAC] Silver Streak information

Hello fellow aluminum enthusiasts!

Now that we have completed and have been enjoying our '57 Bubble, we were
bitten once again by the aluminum bug.  We just purchased a 1949 Silver
Streak Clipper, in near-mint condition.  We have begun the restoration of
the clipper (no time like the present!), and are running into the problem of
lack of information.  We realize that a discussion of Silver Streaks may not
apply to the vintage Airstream discussion list, but we know also that
several of you vintage Airstream owners also own Silver Streaks.  Hence,
replies should probably be sent offlist.  Anyway, our Clipper has a central
bath (no toilet, just space for a porta-potty, and an adorable little
aircraft-type sink and counter).  We are wondering, does anyone else have
such an arrangement in their Silver Streak?  As we restore, we are trying to
restore as close to original as possible, while taking into consideration
the requirements of our intended use.  We also have the front kitchen, with
higher windows.  Did any of the Silver Streaks come with an electric
refrigerator, and if so, what brand?  One more question, there is evidence
in our trailer of the presence of aluminum blinds on the side windows as
well as curtains.  Does anyone know if these trailers originally had both on
the sides, or just blinds?  (It's obvious the front and rear curved windows
had only curtains.)

Any replies and/or photos would be greatly appreciated!

Ken & Molly Reed
'57 Bubble; '57 Suburban
'49 Silver Streak Clipper, under restoration!