[VAC] Re: Rectangle vents and window operators

Greetings Jason!

Yes, reproductions of the LeDeau vent operators are available as are acrylic replacement domes for the 14” x 24” Astrodome.  The reproduction mechanisms are not an exact copy of the original but are functional replacements.  Both products are available from Inland RV.  Their website is:

http://www.inlandrv.com/parts

The link for a picture of the astrodome is:  http://www.inlandrv.com/parts/001s-astrodome.jpg

The link for a picture of the reproduction operators is:  http://www.inlandrv.com/parts/83792-ventoper.jpg

These are the parts that were used in the restoration of the astrodome on my 1964 Overlander International over a year ago.  They are functionally fantastic, but they are not exact reproductions, however, I am very satisfied as they were a workable solution that restored the functionality of a vent that is definitely needed when attending rallies with minimal electric service.

While I haven’t had trouble with the jalousie window operators in my 1964 Overlander, all of the other window operators have been replaced without problem by Ace Fogdall RV, Inc. in Cedar Falls, Iowa.  I suspect that they would be able to point you in the direction of currently available operators if anyone could.  Their web site address is:

http://www.acefogdallrv.com/service/

The folks at Ace Fogdall RV are very Vintage friendly and are a current Airstream dealer.  They currently have my Overlander in their service department installing new BAL stabilizer jacks and repairing a temperamental power inverter.  I have also had very good luck with the parts that I have purchased from Inland RV.

Good luck with your decision!

Kevin D. Allen

1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban

1978 Argosy Minuet

1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)

WBCCI/VAC #6359