[VAC] Polishing

Hi again-We bought the cyclo and materials from a website called perfectpolish.com, they explained all of it pretty well-Used a makita variable speed with wool pads for the cutting, after using Dads stripper and 3M pads, with rubber gloves, to take off the plastic or whatever- We used 3M heavy duty instead of Nuvite for the cutting, because the Nuvite is incredibly expensive compared to 3M for the rough work, and the 3M seems to work just as well, sometimes better- The finish isn't perfect, because this trailer has been "well traveled", but still looks very good, considering it is a 1969, and a repeat of the polishing in another year will be further improvement, I'm sure- swirls by the Makita were pretty well removed by the Cyclo, and the only places I actually see further small swirls are on the very round surfaces- we're still hand polishing quite a few of the hard to get at places-removed all the surface hardware, lights, etc., polished where they were, re-sealed with silicone, and put the stuff back on with stainless fasteners-Tried to eliminate all non aluminum or stainless on the outside of the unit-(My neighbor is a Deputy Sheriff, and questioned the legality of pulling a giant mirror down the road-I'm never sure if he is kidding or not) I wanted to polish the outside before finishing the inside, because I considered this to be the most difficult, time and labor consuming thing we had to do-Last year we polished our 23 foot Spartan, and although that is a 1947, the airstream with the coating on the aluminum was twice as difficult to do, not to mention bigger. Rolland