[VAC] Re: Polishing/patina

Title: Message
WOW!!!  I'm really impressed.  You must really need sunglasses when you go near it in the sun!!!

I'm hoping the distressed, patina look will be in style by the time mine will be road worthy....whenever that will be.  I'm trying to develope a taste for the textured/satin finish especially with the look of residue of duct tape on it!!!

We are finally getting motivated to get some work done on this "driveway ornament" that the neighbors love to look at!!  Just found out yesterday that my order with Inland is $750....nice start...4 windows [hence the duct tape residue], door knob, seals and adhesive, window clippies [made of silver for the price], a black water valve and some more nebulous fun stuff to get this tub into shape.  I'll be glad to get this stuff installed especially since cleaning each window takes about 4 hours of scrubbing the aluminum.

What's the best way to clean the interior aluminum?  I've just been picking up every caustic looking cleaning product I can find around the house and garage and Walmart but elbow grease is all that works.  I finally got one window frame that looks like aluminum again.  I'm going to do that before installing each window.

Don't tell me the whole exterior is going to be this hard...cuz I just know I will really grow to appreciate it's exterior patina of "age" as they say on "Antiques Roadshow".

Lexxy