[VAC] Re: Optima Battery

Hi Rik and Chris,
I don't know which specific battery I have.  I'll check the next time I'm
out at the storage lot.  It is a deep cycle and it has worked great the past
couple of weeks.  I used it for 2 four-day hunting trips and it would last
all night running the heater which was on almost full time.  (cold up in the
mountains).  I just bought a honda 2000i generator which I used a couple of
hours each day to re-charge the battery with my original univolt.  The
battery came up to charge quickly and worked like a champ.  Had no problem
with the car charging either, but only ran a couple of hours there and back
each trip.  I checked on the construction on the web and it is indeed a lead
acid battery, with very thin sheets of lead wrapped like a roll of toilet
paper.  Someone else described it very well.  There were no warnings or
instructions with the battery so I am using it just like a normal lead acid
battery.  There is nothing on the optima web page describing any charging
specifics either.  Pleas let me know if there is something I don't know.
Thanks
Pete
'68 Ambassador