[VAC] Re: (Cold) Water heater - (Update 2)

David,
I finished the same job earlier this year.  Really big job!  I thought I'd
be smart and have the new (white) door powder coated.  Tried spary paint
first and it looked terrible.  Took it to a local company who had to
sandblast all of the paint off first.  The metal was so thin they ended up
warping it something terrible.  The $50 charge was dropped and I had a nice
color waivey door.  I was able to bend most of it back to shape, and even
got it to fit.  Looks better than the white and the spray job.  Too bad we
can't get a bare aluminum door.
Pete