[VAC] Re: (Cold) Water heater - (Update 2)

Hello again,

Well, it is done.  It was one of the worst jobs I have ever done on any of
my airstreams - except for polishing it :-(

The old big round Bowen heater was very difficult to remove.  I had to use
an air chisel to cut the vent and vent pipe off so I could lift it straight
up and out.  Every thing about it was filthy.  Rust and soot poured out, the
area around the heater had not been cleaned for 30 years.

But it is now done and I am glad I did it.  I couldn't use the old vent
guards.  The new heater did come with a door so I used it.  It looks pretty
good.  I still am going to paint the white door silver.

Unlike the old heater, it is quiet, doesn't stink of unburned propane, is
easy to light, and most of all, doesn't leak.

Thanks to all who responded to my questions.

David Reilly
Madison, Mississippi

1953 Overlander
1963 Overlander