[VAC] Re: Optima Battery

Hi Rik ,
   I was interested in what you had to say about AGM batterys , I have
Concords agm`s in my Caravel , I knew they charge at a lower rate than lead
acid , my solar controller is set up accordingly , but I never thought about
the charge wire from the truck . Perhaps this explains why one of my
batteries seemed to get sucked in like there was a vacuum inside - a recent
mystery for me - but it took a charge and tested ok after charging again -
It had also gone dead from my solar controller aparently giving up the ghost
- somehow I wonder if all this is somehow related to an overcharge condition
to start with .
    Still mystified , but more informed ,
Chris