[VAC] Re: Water Lines

Hi Kathy,

I am replacing the water tank and pump in our Bambi. The instructions with
the new Shurflo pump say you must use flexible plastic tubing within one
foot of the pump on both sides.  They say NOT to use stiff plastic in that
area which I take to mean PEX.  I have installed a new city connection
through the floor into the belly access door with a backflow preventer in
the coach to keep the city water pressure off the tank.  The pump will
mount between the tank and this backflow preventer. I will use nylon
reinforced plastic tubing which is rated at 200 pounds per square inch for
everything upstream of the backflow preventer. This is a very short distance
in our small trailers.  I will continue with copper for everything downstream
of the backflow preventer.  I could use PEX downstream but I like working
with copper, have the tools and the sweated fittings are reasonably priced.
In my trailer the lines all have a pitch to a drain so it should not be too
tricky to winterize (I hope).  I plan to use the original fill spout on the
front of the trailer and I think I've come up with a bug proof vent arrangement.

Good luck on your plumbing project.

Dick
'62 Bambi