[VAC] Re: Tip for laying vinyl tile

Most of what Andy comes up with is based upon experience from doing all
those trailers, but I need to elaborate a little on the subject of sheet
linoleum.

I have a 1957 Flying Cloud and 1956 Dalton here with a one piece
linoleum floor without a single seam crack. On the '57 the floor is
crumbling apart, but the linoleum is only faded - and all in one piece.

There are some beautiful 5+ year old restorations running around with
sheet linoleum floors without a problem.
http://www.forbo-linoleum.nl/products/   (& others)

OTOH, our '65 caravel had the 9x9 composition vinyl (asbestos fiber)
tiles, and they did crack at the seams.

I'd say the key here is to use quality materials and not split seam at
the floor joints, as this would introduce a peel point and crack for
water and dirt to start their damage.

RJ
VintageAirstream.com