[VAC] Re: Electrical woes

Howard wrote:
> Cigarette lighter plugs and sockets are notoriously unreliable.
You can say that again!  I rewired my Airstream lighter plug and then
plugged in my TV/DVD.   Watched for about an hour and then turned it off and
went out to dinner.  When I came back there was a noise coming from the back
of the TV.   Sort of a buzzing.  I tried to turn it on but it would not go.
By now I am convinced that your right about cig plugs being bad news for
serious users.  Either that or their evil :)

I will begin to search for the best locking DC connector that I can find.

Howard wrote:
> There are
> switching type regulators that will provide a regulated output of 13+
volts
> from a 12.0 or less source.  Check the power requirement of the DVD and
> TV and see what power is required to size a voltage regulator.

If anyone has a suggestion for a voltage regulator (the TV/DVD likes 12
volts)
I would like to know more.

Thanx to all for the help.
Back to cold showers Bob