[VAC] Re: DC Plugs

Hi Roger,
    I've plugged several other DC appliances into the Airstream socket and
they work perfectly.  I retested the cord for the Toshiba TV/DVD in my truck
and it works perfectly.  I plugged the Toshiba cord into the Airstream
outlet and twisted it about.  Put a tester on the end of the mini-plug that
would go into the set.  It lit up indicating at least some voltage.  But
when I plug it from the Airstream into the Toshiba, it still is a no show.

BTW: I am plugged into land AC so my battery is powered by Univolt.  All my
other DC appliances seem to be running well.  I turned on every light in the
house and four fans and they all ran well off the battery.

I think this negates the question of low battery voltage.  So I am leaning
towards a slight compatibilty issue between the new plug and old Airstream
outlet.  I am inclined to buy a new outlet and install in place of the
original Airstream outlet.

Sorry if this is confusing.
Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari