[VAC] Re: DC Plugs

There COULD be an incompatability....

I recently purchased a 12V adapter for my notebook computer. The "cigarette
lighter" plug had a little bag attached to it with a different collar that
holds the tip in. The note in the bag said that it's possible that he plug
might not work with older receptacles. In that case, you are supposed to
use the provided alternate collar. In my case, the plug worked just fine in
my '77 Airstream.

I suggest you take a voltmeter to the receptacle. If you get 12 Volts, then
your plug isnt "mating" correctly. If that is the case, you can buy new
receptacles ate Radio Shack.

Good luck!

Dave