[VAC] Painting of an Airstream

In a message dated 9/30/02 4:55:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, VACList@airstream.net writes:
HI Tom et al...
OMG you guys....remember Bill Scott?  He mentioned to me in his lessons we had re:vintage Airstreams before he died...that "painting makes an Airstream valueless" when it comes to resale/pricing.  Of course Argosy's need a good recoating every once in a while and the ones that have been painted already for whatever reason...as well as the 78's and 79's of the painted motorhomes....(I can get aircraft quality products if interested)....but please think about it SERIOUSLY when applying paint to a lovely vintage unit....:(

Best,
W@3Peaks
more then last time:)