[VAC] Belly Pan Repair Methods

On our way back to International we had a full fresh water tank and the
weight was too much for an unknown dry-rotted plywood support and the
outer layer of aluminum. By the time we arrived in Rapid City we had
developed a pronounced air scoop. We started our trip back home and got
no farther than eastern Wyoming when the air ripped the aluminum skin
away. Fortunately we heard the initial scraping on the road and were
able to save it from destruction so we at least have it for a template.
The plywood has deteriorated severely and will require replacement.

Our question is: (1) What would the group suggest as the best method
for elevating the trailer safely? We have two heavy-duty ramps that we
plan to use to pull the front wheels up on and then chock heavily; I
would pull the trailer up on the ramp and chock it heavily or possibly
leave it attached to the two vehicle while making repairs; (2) How would
we go about making sure the holding tank doesn't drop out when removing
the remainder of the dry-rotted plywood. We certainly don't want to rip
out other components while in the process; and (3) How do we best
support the tank while fabricating the replacement plywood support and
its new aluminum skin?

Harley C. Muse
'74 25' Tradewind
WBCCI #7566