[VAC] *Blanking* Brakes/wheels/shocks.

I'm still wondering about the smaller gauge wire on the new magnets. Do we
have an EE in the group? Tom P. pages don't have references to replacement
magnets with smaller gauge leads. I was planning on replacing both magnets,
one wheel at a time. So I am doing brakes and shocks at the same time on
each wheel.

The shock on the driver side is welded. Essentially a button weld to the
shock stud, which I'm sure must have damaged rubber bushings.
Unbelievable.
What the heck is next. So living in an old industrial town, I called a
local welder to the house for an insitu quote, Airstream in the air. He
quoted $250 to remove and replace both upper and lower studs, one side.
Almost even more unbelievable. Talk about trying to take advantage of a
girl. Cash discount? TBD.

Bottom line: If you are going to have an Airstream, monitor the repairs.
I'm sure the previous owner(s) just said "replace the shocks" with little
regard if it was done with integrity or not.

My rant,
Fran