Re: 1966 Window breakage prevention

Paul,
I have babied our 1966 Overlander windows for nine years...so far all except
the one by the door are in tact. I have been working on a design for a
"cover window" made from smoked Plexiglas as a protective window while
traveling. We have always opened them just 3 to 4 inches. I am most
concerned for the cranking device and window mount though. They are
beautiful but oh what a nuisance. I once saw a 65 with plex replacements,
they did not conform to the curvature very well and were affected by hot
and cold temperatures too much.

Apparently the former owner locked himself out so rather than figuring out
another way to get in he BROKE the small curved window by the door! It
gives me a headache to think of it!

All the best of lock with yours!

GAS
66 Overlander