1966 Window breakage prevention

I'm now the proud owner of a 1966 Overlander. It has all the original windows.
Has many of you know the 1966-68 windows are what I call "frame less". What is
the best way to keep these windows from breaking, other than not opening them.
I would think things like, not an over amount of pressure when closing, locking
both sides down at the same time, not leaving them open when it's windy.
Any and all help would be great! I really do not want to break them and then
say, "If, I'd only known"

I will say, I think the window style on my 1970 23LY, is a far better
design.

Paul Waddell
WBCCI/VAC 1270
66 Overlander