Re: insulation & formaldehyde

Within the past few years, one of the original researchers reporting on bad
health effects of formaldehyde acquired a much more sensitive meter for
measuring formaldehyde levels. He visited several surviving trailers/homes
that had been used for the original study -- and was unable to detect any
formaldehyde! I am well aware that this repeat study was years later,
but I think he also tested newer construction that were thought to release
formaldehyde and also found none.
If true, it will take years before general consensus is that these
products may be safe -- at least safe from formaldehyde effects.
huff