Re: Univolt, converters, and such.

Subject: Re: Univolt, converters, and such.

Huff:

My 1964 Globe Trotter had the original first generation
Univolt that had 120 Volt AC input and 12 volts AC and 18
volts AC output. It was not a converter, did not have 12
volt DC output, and was never a battery charger when plugged
into to 120 volts AC. Batteries were charged (don't know
how well) by the two vehicle alternator only when driving,
never when [plugged in to City power (120 volts AC).

As I remember, your trailer is slightly later than 1964,
so your Univolt might be a different model than mine and
might have different features. Check your Univolt output to
see if it is 12/18 volts AC or DC.

The box with the City / Battery switches is not the
Univolt; it is the switch box to change between
self-contained Battery power or City power when plugged in
to 120 volt AC. My 1964 Univolt was just a AC transformer
with two different outputs, 12 volts AC for all lights and
18 volts AC for the fan motor and water pumps. Yours might
be different model Univolt.

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO.