Re: insulation

I think the best you can do in the 3" you've got (with
fiberglass) is R-16. Although there is always that
"spray" insulation - but according to a contractor
friend of mine there are different "set" times and he
suggested getting one that sets quickly so that you
can reduce the expansion factor. wouldn't want to be
popping rivets in the sun.

I suspect, my opinion only - no factual basis, that
the faster setting spray insulation would not insulate
as well as the slow setting stuff. AND I have no
basis for the expansion factor. I'll be asking around
on that one this winter.

I wonder if spray insulation would offer weight
benefits too?

Toby