[VAC] Re: Clekos and Belly Pan Repair Methods

Thanks Bob,

I just went to the web site and ordered several sizes of clekos and pliers
for work on my '69 Safari.  Needed a nudge to get these much needed tools!

The skin curve of the side panels will be very difficult to pull into and
hold in position.  A tech did some and used a jack to force the curve -
damaged the panels with large dents and mis-alignment.  Do you have a
suggestion for pulling these into position so they can be secured properly?
The skin panels are quite thick and resist bending, like didn't take a curve
set.  When I removed the original rivets, the panels straightened out to
near flat appearance.

I had thoughts about a strong back along side the trailer and web straps
pulled to the opposite side of the trailer - then a length of 2X4 jacked up
against the skin to hold it straight for fastening?  Don't recall if I can
use clamps and clekos, but .  .  .

                       Regards, Joy