[VAC] Re: Axles, Axles, Axles

That is an excellent question and although all of that is possible, I think the risk of bottoming out is the only one likely.  I just replaced my shocks and tires this week and my 68 axles have 0 degree pitch to the eye.  With new ST 225/75 R15 tires, I measured exactly 4 3/4 inch of clearance from the top of the tire to the top of the wheel well.  I will run it like that until one of your other scenarios happens before I by new axles.  I had this funny mental image of everybody running out to check their axles this past week, and yes I did too.
Randy