[VAC] Re: Axles, Axles, Axles

Hi All,

I'm not sure that Dr. G's solution might be  inappropriate for an airstream.
Seems to be very limited space between the hub and the frame mounting stub.
The shock only seems to be  about 1 inch in diameter.  Most after market
speciality shocks are very large.

Unlike an auto shock, there is limited angle between the axle and the
torsion bar.

At least that's my opinion.

Andy is correct about the damage to the  body of the Airsteam as I can see
the damage caused in my Argosy.  I'm still trying to get over the price
shock from Inland and hope that there's a reasonable replacement for the
monopolistic pricing arranged between Inland and Henchen.

Of course, if there's an alternative supplier of axles, Henchen will
eventually realize that their manufacturing has dropped.  Inland RV will
realize that they've killed the goose that lays golden eggs.  Greed corrupts
completely! :(

Other vintage airstreamers will soon realize that they've been had.
Hopefully new axle providers will fill the void and restorers can get back
to real business.

                           '74 Argosy, Joy