[VAC] The Plan

In the beginning there was The Plan.

Buy an older airstream for cheap, work on it adding new appliances as
needed.  New floors, upholstry, etc...

Take the family on a few trips to see if the life style is for us.  If not,
sell the trailer with the upgrades for the same I have put into it (minus
the labor).  After just two trips, I still don't know.  The second trip was
better than the first.

Now I am at a crossroad.  Including purchase price and repairs I have $6000
into my '71 Safari.  As many of you know I have pumbing problems probably
need to totally redue it all with PEX.  A new water heater and new furnace
is in my future as well as new tires and an awning.

If I keep putting money into this, my original plan of being able to break
even later will go the way side.   I figured $6000 was my break even point
as I maybe able to sell for that, but not more.  Also, if I keep doing the
listed repairs, how do I know in six months something major like the axles
won't go out?

Argh!

How do you guys deal this this?   Just keep up repairs and be dammed the
costs?

-Tim
tim@telecom-pros.com
www.telecom-pros.com/tim/tim