[VAC] Re: The Plan

Or, you could have bought a brand new SOB for $12,000 to $15,000 and in a
short time it would probably be worth less than your Airstream. You can't
look at the A/S as an investment, but more as a hobby. I stopped counting
how much I have in my 1976 Sovereign and how much it might be worth a long
time ago, but as far as I am concerned to me its priceless.

Here is what I tell my wife when I want to spent more money on the
Airstream. She says "what are going to do now and how much will it cost"?

"oh just a minor little job probably won't cost more than $50 to $60".

Well she probably doesn't believe me but at least she does not stop me.

Here is my rule of thumb as for as the price I tell her.

$50 to $60 = $100 to $150

$60 to $120 = $200 to $300

Over $120 = I never tell her anything will cost more than $120.

I have always said you don't buy these trailers, you rescue them and bring
them back to what they should be. When you do this they will serve you well
for years to come.